Yes, over a thousand pounds of Epsom salt provides buoyancy for your body to float naturally and effortlessly.
Completely private; you can lock the door to enter the room that has the float spa but you are not locked into the water area. You can float in your bathing suit or your birthday suit!
You do not need towels, they are provided, we also provide neck support pillows, body wash, shampoo, conditioner and lotion (conditioner and lotion are for after the float not before, we want to avoid the oils from getting into the float), you can bring a bathing suit but you do not need one as you have full privacy, and we also provide ear plugs and a Dyson hair dryer.
1. Arrive 5 minutes before your float. You do have a waiver to sign before you float.
2. Avoid shaving or waxing several hours before floating, the Epsom salt water will sting when it comes to cuts and lacerations.
3. Avoid splashing the water or getting the water in your eyes, the Epsom salt water will sting if it gets into your eyes just like the ocean water causes this, there will be a water spray bottle if you happen to get salt water in your eyes to flush your eyes
4. There is a rinse/shower area which you will use before and after floating. We recommend five minutes of rinsing/showering to clean your body of all oils, creams and makeup.
5. Avoid wearing oils, creams and makeup when coming to float.
6. Avoid having hair products, eye contact lenses or jewelry on when you float. You can take these items off and leave them on the table in your private room.
7. Avoid having hair color that will bleed into the float room, swim caps do not work.
8. Be aware of water potentially getting onto the floor when you enter and exit the rinsing/shower area and/or the float tub and know that you can fall if you are not careful.
9. Avoid a full stomach and bladder; use the bathroom before you float.
10. Be hydrated but without a full bladder, a float room can be humid.
11. Avoid alcohol, drugs and caffeine before floating.
Our floats are a lot more spacious than typical float rooms, there is also the option to keep the door to the float open and also listen to music or keep the LED light on while you are floating. The relaxation may also allow you to ease into the space.
1. If you have swimmers ear, are prone to ear infections or any inner ear condition that may be irritated by water, please bring your own ear water specific plugs, we supply standard disposable ear plugs only.
2. If you have skin rashes, lesions, wounds, athlete’s foot, a cold, virus, herpes or any infectious or contagious diseases.
3. If you are pregnant you need a doctor’s permission to float; floating is actually really helpful for pregnant women.
4. Uncontrolled kidney disease, heart disease, or anyone who has a pacemaker.
5. Problems with bowel or bladder.
6. Uncontrolled diabetes or insulin dependency.
7. Anyone taking medication for epilepsy or seizures.
8. Anyone who has panic attacks, psychosis, schizophrenia or diagnosed claustrophobia.
9. Anyone who has a medical condition that does not allow them to tolerate absorption of magnesium sulfate or be in humid or warm area.
10. Anyone with uncontrolled hypertension.
If you schedule a float, you purchase time that someone else could have used and therefore we have a 24 hour cancellation policy that says if you cancel within 24 hours of your float you will be charged 50%. If you have a groupon voucher your groupon voucher may be redeemed and you have the float available to you for future use.
We take sanitation very seriously and it is our number one priority besides providing this great therapy to our clients. Our float rooms have five different layers of sanitation starting with the Epsom salt itself (1), the high concentration of magnesium sulfate does not allow microorganisms to survive, followed by ultra violet (UV) rays (2) designed to kill microorganisms, followed by Ozone (3) or O3 which oxidizes the water and is far more powerful than chlorine or bromine when it comes to killing bacteria, there is also no odor left by Ozone unlike chlorine; we also use hydrogen peroxide (4) and finally the filtration system (5) that circulates the water 3-5 times in between clients. The water is cleaner than swimming pools and obviously the ocean. Rinsing or showering before and after the float is a sixth layer of protection.
Copyright © 2019 Journey Within, LLC - All Rights Reserved.